The Olweus Coach Training Process:
The 2-step training process includes instruction followed by consultation with an Olweus Mentor.
Step 1: The Olweus Coach participates in 22 hours of instruction. Training is offered in-person and virtually. Both options contain the same content provided in the same number of hours:
- Virtual – 4 hours of asynchronous learning followed by 3 consecutive days of synchronous instructor-led training. Each training day includes:
- 4.5 hours of interactive large and small group learning
- 1.5 hours of independent work
- In-Person – 1 hour of pre-training asynchronous learning followed by three consecutive days of in-person training.
- Days one and two: 7.5 hours
- Day three: 6 hours
Step 2: Consultation with an Olweus Mentor
Once the instruction is completed, an Olweus Mentor is assigned to provide technical assistance and support to the Olweus Coach for a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 9 hours based on the experience and needs of the Olweus Coach and the school. This technical assistance is available for 12 months following the Olweus Coach Training.
*Optional: Olweus Coaches will have the opportunity to attend an Olweus Coach virtual networking event provided by the OBPP at Clemson University.